Wednesday, March 18, 2009

American Idol 03/17/09

Here's my take on this week's AI performances:

Michael Sarver - very likeable, but out of his league; would be my choice to send home.

Allison Iraheta - remarkable performer; amazed that she has such a small fan base. What's wrong with you America?

Kris Allen - very commercial, but still a competent singer.

Lil Rounds - will comparisons to Fantasia be her undoing? Hope she stays - want to see what she can do.

Adam Lambert - way outside mid-America's comfort zone; incredible vocals, not boring.

Scott MacIntyre - consistantly good, but not outstanding.

Alexis Grace - can't understand judges negative responses to her "Jolene" version; thought it was better than most I've heard on AI. If she is voted off, then it's their fault.

Danny Gokey - the Danny I love is disappearing. I'm getting the feeling that AI is trying to homogenize his image. Bring back that gravely Danny with attitude.

Anoop Desai - heck, I pre-ordered his version of "You were always on my mind" on iTunes, but not sure if he'll go much further than the top 10.

Megan Corkrey - I love this quirky contestant, but expect interest to tire soon.

Matt Giraud - I just don't get his appeal, sorry. Think the judges are trying to stir up interest.

My bottom three this week - Michael Sarver, Scott MacIntyre, and Matt Giraud.

I project America's bottom choices to be - Alexis Grace, Allison Irahita, and Michael Sarver or maybe Lil Rounds.

If Alexis gets the fewest votes, will the judges use their save vote? Maybe, but I think they're saving it for David Gokey or Adam Lambert (if he didn't scare them to death with his latest performance).

Pre-ordered on iTunes - Kris and Anoop

No comments: