Monday, October 27, 2008

Voting at Home by Absentee Ballot

Anyone can request an absentee ballot - you don't have to be out of state on election day or disabled. This year we canceled our fall vacation in anticipation of a new grandchild, but had already requested an absentee ballot. I am so thankful we did, because the ballot for this General Election was huge with six state issues and a long list of candidates for judicial and state offices in addition to the presidential candidates.

Yesterday we sat down with a laptop and all the newspaper articles we had been collecting and I had the best voting experience ever! It took me way over an hour to complete the ballot, but for the first time in my forty-three years of voting I felt that I had voted wisely. I was able to see the actual ballot language and recheck issues and positions online before casting my vote.

Web sites that I found useful:

Ohio Secretary of State
  • Voter Services
  • Candidates
  • Elections & Ballot Issues
League of Women Voters of Ohio

Ohio Election Central

Google
– Type in Ohio Voter Information

No comments: