Thursday, November 8, 2012

Keep the Checks Coming Until I'm Dead

This certainly isn't the America I grew up in. In my youth I was inspired by JFK's inaugural challenge, "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." An assassin's bullet killed more than a man, he killed our dream and now I believe he killed our American spirit.

Camelot was replaced by Johnson's "Great Society" policies that introduced entitlements that weren't earned by recipients, but came from taxing working Americans. Clinton and his Congress reduced welfare by requiring able bodied people to work for it, but Obama used entitlements to bribe his way into a second term.

I'm not opposed to Social Security or minimal tax exemptions, but unearned entitlements are out of control.

No comments: